Volunteers are essential to the EMS programs in rural communities across the United States . Declining volunteerism and burnout are making it hard and in some cases impossible for communities to keep their ambulance service online.
Join us as we discuss efforts in Utah during the 2021 legislature to pass a bill that provides health insurance benefits for emergency medical service volunteers. Our guests this week cover how important it is to create an incentive to help grow volunteer staffing.
• Brandy Grace, Utah Association of Counties
• Mike Willits, Director for Sevier County EMS and President of the Rural EMS Directors Association
• Steven Lund, Utah House of Representatives District 58
• Darin Bushman, Piute County Commissioner
* SUBSCRIBE to The County Seat: https://www.youtube.com/thecountyseattv?subconfirmation=1
* Watch the latest from The County Seat: https://www.youtube.com/user/thecountyseattv
FOLLOW THE COUNTY SEAT:
Produced by Derek Dowsett
Host Chad Booth
ABOUT THE COUNTY SEAT: The County Seat is a public affairs program about the functions and issues of county elected officials and county government in UTAH. The County Seat is designed to provide the essentials to being an informed and engaged citizens in what we view as the most important level of government to daily life, county government. Topics range from the life of a ballot to the wild horses on public lands. The majority of Utah’s 29 counties are rural with a concentration of urban issues along the Wasatch Front. This dynamic lends an interesting twist to the show where we highlight a number of rural issues that the majority of Utahns may not be as familiar with. #CountiesMatter #CoutySeatS11E09
For more information about Counties and County Government go to:
To sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox click here: https://cbco.kartra.com/page/jaz10